Research Areas: Geography & Environmental Studies, Sciences
Seamless IP-authenticated access on a range of platforms including web, iOS and Android.
Advanced search feature allowing you to search by title, issue and year.
Enjoy high quality and prompt technical support from our dedicated team.
Launched in 2005, BBC Sky at Night Magazine offers readers a way of getting more out of the monthly BBC Four TV programme, The Sky at Night.
In recent years the magazine has covered major astronomical developments such as:
- The growing number of exoplanetary discoveries
- The characterisation of Mars’s watery past, and the on-going search for life on the Red Planet
- The successful fly-by of dwarf planet Pluto by the New Horizons probe
- The deep-space rendezvous of the Rosetta probe and its Philae lander with the comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
- The launch of Solar System missions such as Juno to observe Jupiter and Dawn
- The development of cutting-edge professional telescopes across the globe
- The rise of ‘citizen science’
- The increased understanding of the large scale structure and history of the Universe