Discover everything you need to know about archaeology in Britain with Current Archaeology, the UK's favourite archaeology magazine. A digital subscription gives readers access to 50 years of the latest ground-breaking archaeological research.
Every month the magazine contains interviews of archaeologists, so you get the full story: why the excavators went there, how they made their discoveries, what they found, why it's important, and, of course, what it all means. Articles are accompanied by informative photographs and stunning aerial images to allow readers to visualise the dig-sites.
Explore the archaeology of all periods – from Prehistory and ancient human origins, Roman and Anglo-Saxon Britain, and the Middle Ages right through to modern times. Lively opinion pieces keep you informed on all the debates currently taking place within archaeology – and why they matter. Discover the best books to read and which museums you should visit with our discerning review section, and never miss an event with our monthly listings page.
- From affluence to infamy: exploring Bath’s lost quayside district
- Treating the sick in medieval London
- Investigating burial practices in Iron Age Yorkshire
- When was Hadrian’s Wall finished?
- Revisiting the London: exploring the campaign to save a 17th-century warship
- How to explore the past from your home
Plus: News, Reviews, Science Notes, Sherds, and more!