Discover everything you need to know about archaeology in Britain with Current Archaeology, the UK's favourite archaeology magazine. A digital subscription gives readers access to 50 years of the latest ground-breaking archaeological research.
Every month the magazine contains interviews of archaeologists, so you get the full story: why the excavators went there, how they made their discoveries, what they found, why it's important, and, of course, what it all means. Articles are accompanied by informative photographs and stunning aerial images to allow readers to visualise the dig-sites.
Explore the archaeology of all periods – from Prehistory and ancient human origins, Roman and Anglo-Saxon Britain, and the Middle Ages right through to modern times. Lively opinion pieces keep you informed on all the debates currently taking place within archaeology – and why they matter. Discover the best books to read and which museums you should visit with our discerning review section, and never miss an event with our monthly listings page.
- Myths and monsters: the Boxford mosaic revealed
- Excavating Peterloo: the archaeology of power and protest
- Voyage of recovery: conserving 19th-century naval figureheads
- The Bacton Altar Cloth: the art of Elizabeth I’s ‘lost dress’
- Illustrating the past: ‘between art and science’
Plus: News, Reviews, Science Notes, Calendar, Museum, and more!