Discover everything you need to know about archaeology in Britain with Current Archaeology, the UK's favourite archaeology magazine. A digital subscription gives readers access to 50 years of the latest ground-breaking archaeological research.
Every month the magazine contains interviews of archaeologists, so you get the full story: why the excavators went there, how they made their discoveries, what they found, why it's important, and, of course, what it all means. Articles are accompanied by informative photographs and stunning aerial images to allow readers to visualise the dig-sites.
Explore the archaeology of all periods – from Prehistory and ancient human origins, Roman and Anglo-Saxon Britain, and the Middle Ages right through to modern times. Lively opinion pieces keep you informed on all the debates currently taking place within archaeology – and why they matter. Discover the best books to read and which museums you should visit with our discerning review section, and never miss an event with our monthly listings page.
- From Isca to Excester: exploring Roman and medieval Exeter
- Reinterpreting a Tudor flagship: new thinking on the Mary Rose and her crew
- From mounds to monasteries: Iron Age and medieval burials in Ireland
- Stringbags to Star Wars: an archaeology of airfields
- The women of Sutton Hoo: exploring female stories from the celebrated cemetery
Plus: News, Reviews, Science Notes, Heritage from Home, Sherds, and more!