Issue 1, December 2018
We’re thrilled to be introducing a new UK film magazine into the world: Film Stories! And it’s on sale right now!
Welcome to Britain’s new monthly mainstream film magazine, that zeroes in on the smaller rooms in the multiplex, and the bigger rooms in the indies. There are lots of films that never seem to get close to front covers, big features and such like, and we aim to change that!
It’s from the creator of Den Of Geek, and each issue will feature…
At least 100 pages, crammed with news, reviews, features, interviews and mayhem
Writers you’ve not met before, with opportunity for new talent at the heart of the magazine
A mix of films you’ve heard of, and films you haven’t! All of which we want to hoist on our shoulders
Regular columns on filmmaking, screenwriting and mental health
And sooooo much more.
* A bumper interview with Mark Kermode, where he takes us through the journey that brought Secrets Of Cinema to the screen
* Lots of romcoms! Tons of romcoms!
* Remember when Tombstone went head to head with Wyatt Earp? We do. And the story of Tombstone is pretty incredible.
* Romesh! Debbie! Hope! Our ace columnists!
* Films for kids that weren’t supposed to be scary, but were actually very scary.
* As HMV teeters, we look at the decline in physical media – can the disc be saved?