Issue 1, December 2018
We’re thrilled to be introducing a new UK film magazine into the world: Film Stories! And it’s on sale right now!
Welcome to Britain’s new monthly mainstream film magazine, that zeroes in on the smaller rooms in the multiplex, and the bigger rooms in the indies. There are lots of films that never seem to get close to front covers, big features and such like, and we aim to change that!
It’s from the creator of Den Of Geek, and each issue will feature…
At least 100 pages, crammed with news, reviews, features, interviews and mayhem
Writers you’ve not met before, with opportunity for new talent at the heart of the magazine
A mix of films you’ve heard of, and films you haven’t! All of which we want to hoist on our shoulders
Regular columns on filmmaking, screenwriting and mental health
And sooooo much more.
* Gurinder Chadha on Blinded By The Light, Bend It Like Beckham, Bruce Springsteen and the M1 motorway
* Funny Bones: director Peter Chelsom joins us in revisiting a 90s British comedy favourite
* Huge UK movie preview. A round-up of lots of British films, heading your way soon!
* The clever visual effects tools that are helping independent movie makers
* Are tax credits holding up the British film industry artifically?
* Homophobia in sport: how cinema is doing a better job of addressing it than, well, sport is
* When big Hollywood movies went to Russia
And much, much, much more…