Issue 1, December 2018
We’re thrilled to be introducing a new UK film magazine into the world: Film Stories! And it’s on sale right now!
Welcome to Britain’s new monthly mainstream film magazine, that zeroes in on the smaller rooms in the multiplex, and the bigger rooms in the indies. There are lots of films that never seem to get close to front covers, big features and such like, and we aim to change that!
It’s from the creator of Den Of Geek, and each issue will feature…
At least 100 pages, crammed with news, reviews, features, interviews and mayhem
Writers you’ve not met before, with opportunity for new talent at the heart of the magazine
A mix of films you’ve heard of, and films you haven’t! All of which we want to hoist on our shoulders
Regular columns on filmmaking, screenwriting and mental health
And sooooo much more.
* Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje goes in depth on how his directorial debut, Farming, came to the screen
* We dig deep into the world of cinema advertising and trailers. Who’s in charge? Who makes money? How long is it all supposed to go on for?
* How to arrange a movie fight (with the help of people who arrange movie fights)
* Going on set at Aardman
* Adult Life Skills: how the brilliant indie film came to be
* A fresh look at 2007’s St Trinian’s reboot: did it have more going for it than it was given credit for?
* A pair of articles looking at OCD and the movies
* Believing in your own film opinions (and why it’s sometimes hard to do)
* Force fields as a narrative device
* The changing landscape of short films
* The thriving world of B-movies
* And lots, lots more!
Thank you again for all your support.