Perpetual Access Available
Keep an eye on the world with Geographical
The complete digital archive of Geographical, dating back to May 1935, is now available to all subscribing schools and institutions.
Established in 1935, Geographical is the official magazine of the Royal Geographical Society and one of the leading magazines in its field, with stunning photography, great writing and first class design.
- Keep up to date with the world, its people and its places through our news pages and topical features on nature and conservation
- Explore far-flung cities, towns and villages. Meet their inhabitants and immerse yourself in their culture
- Discover weird and wonderful wildlife. Learn more about the world around you through insightful features and accomplished photography
In a time of unprecedented environmental and social change, never has knowledge of the world been more important. For an authoritative voice on geography, culture, wildlife and exploration institutions should look no further than Geographical, with the fully-searchable complete 82-year archive giving close to 1000 issues of informative content.
In Geographical’s May 2019 edition, we look at the burning issue of child labour within the global tobacco industry. How widespread is the use of underage workers across the world and is it something that will ever be curtailed when for so much of Southeast Asia, child smoking is ingrained into the cultural way of life?
• Attenborough returns with the hard-hitting Netflix hit, Our Planet. Is this a bold step forward for the televised nature documentary?
• Mozambique is trialling a unique approach to brewing peace through coffee
• How female empowerment is on the rise in southern India
• Eritrea’s peace pact with Ethiopia has brought years fo fighting to an end, but has it also opened the floodgates for mass migration out of the country?
All that plus much, much more!