For over twenty five years, New Welsh Review Ltd has been central to the Welsh literary scene in offering a vital outlet for the very best new fiction, creative non-fiction and poetry, a forum for critical debate and a rigorous and engaged reviewing culture.
We have published some of the greatest writers and thinkers from Wales and beyond; Dannie Abse, Paul Muldoon, P.D. James, Emyr Humphreys, Leslie Norris, Gwyneth Lewis, Les Murray, Rachel Trezise, Niall Griffiths, Owen Sheers, Tiffany Murray, Edna Longley, Byron Rogers and Gillian Clarke. In summer 2015 we rebranded the creative magazine as New Welsh Reader, to combine the appeal of the new while maintaining our traditions and track record.
* Poetry special with Guest editor, Emily Blewitt
* Eighteen exclusive poems from writers including Derry Rees-Jones and Helen Mort
* Focus on writing and neurological and physical difference
* Essay by poet and academic Polly Atkin on the 'ecocrip' movement that challenges ableism within nature writing
* Essay by Welsh poet Tracey Rhys, mother of an autistic boy, on how writing poetry with him helps him express his emotional experiences in a way that challenges neurotypical assumptions
* Essay by US poet Zoe Brigley on Georgia O'Keeffe and the politics of looking in her forthcoming collection for Bloodaxe, Skull and Bone