For over twenty five years, New Welsh Review Ltd has been central to the Welsh literary scene in offering a vital outlet for the very best new fiction, creative non-fiction and poetry, a forum for critical debate and a rigorous and engaged reviewing culture.
We have published some of the greatest writers and thinkers from Wales and beyond; Dannie Abse, Paul Muldoon, P.D. James, Emyr Humphreys, Leslie Norris, Gwyneth Lewis, Les Murray, Rachel Trezise, Niall Griffiths, Owen Sheers, Tiffany Murray, Edna Longley, Byron Rogers and Gillian Clarke. In summer 2015 we rebranded the creative magazine as New Welsh Reader, to combine the appeal of the new while maintaining our traditions and track record.
* Themed on utopias and dystopias of Wales
* Winners and nominations in the New Welsh Writing Awards 2019 Aberystwyth University Prize for a Dystopian Novella
* Photo essay on utopias and dystopias in Bridgend's Wildmill estate, by Tim Cooke & Ben Absalom
* One colour and 13 black-and-white photos
* Column by Welsh-English literary translator Gwen Davies on possession and ownership in her adaptation of the Gothic, evocative and intriguing novel set on the west Wales shoreline, The Jeweller, by Caryl Lewis, published by Honno: 'Deeply moving and almost mythical… beautifully written... lyrical.' BookerTalk