The Pastoral Review is directed to those engaged in pastoral ministry, both ordained and lay. By
supporting your parish ministry it is a resource for the whole parish. It is also worth making clear
that the cost of a subscription will qualify as a genuine parish expense, or for those of you working in
other ministries or are retired, a diocesan expense.
With the Year of Faith currently being celebrated, we would like to offer you a special introductory
Each edition of the journal is 96 pages long. Here’s what you’ll find in every issue of The Pastoral
• Breaking the Word. Find inspiration for every Sunday during the journal’s two-month span.
Complemented by notes on Scripture texts for weekdays providing reflections for daily
• Contemporary Theology. Leading clergy and theologians explore issues on a range of topics
relevant to the Church today.
• Leadership & Ministry. Learn about topics relevant for all aspects of ministry.
• Past & Present. A perspective on the past and how it impacts on today’s issues.
• Book reviews. Discover the books that are shaping our thinking and fuelling debate,
reviewed by our team of clergy, course directors, lay people and theologians.
The Pastoral Review is a trusted source of reference, insight and guidance in your vital pastoral
Church of Lima, I say to you, arise!
Carlos Castillo Mattasoglio
Neither here nor there – in a good way? Mission and young people in a post-Covid Church
Remembrance: The healing of grief
Michael H. Marchal
Preaching Christmas at the end of the pandemic year
Gerald O’Collins SJ
Breaking the Word: Reflections on Sunday and Weekday readings