The Pastoral Review is directed to those engaged in pastoral ministry, both ordained and lay. By
supporting your parish ministry it is a resource for the whole parish. It is also worth making clear
that the cost of a subscription will qualify as a genuine parish expense, or for those of you working in
other ministries or are retired, a diocesan expense.
With the Year of Faith currently being celebrated, we would like to offer you a special introductory
Each edition of the journal is 96 pages long. Here’s what you’ll find in every issue of The Pastoral
• Breaking the Word. Find inspiration for every Sunday during the journal’s two-month span.
Complemented by notes on Scripture texts for weekdays providing reflections for daily
• Contemporary Theology. Leading clergy and theologians explore issues on a range of topics
relevant to the Church today.
• Leadership & Ministry. Learn about topics relevant for all aspects of ministry.
• Past & Present. A perspective on the past and how it impacts on today’s issues.
• Book reviews. Discover the books that are shaping our thinking and fuelling debate,
reviewed by our team of clergy, course directors, lay people and theologians.
The Pastoral Review is a trusted source of reference, insight and guidance in your vital pastoral
The ‘two popes’ and two kinds of relations between Francis and Benedict
Two popes in the light of history
Catholic Social Teaching in unprecedented times?
Pastoral notes from lockdown